versiondog - Data management for machine and plant construction
versiondog provides comprehensive support for all phases of machine and plant construction. From planning, installation and commissioning through to final acceptance and subsequent fulfilment of maintenance contracts.
- Save time thanks to an uninterrupted change history
- Quickly locate data required for fast recovery after device failure
- Simplify coordination (incl. with contractors) and use detail comparisons and program block management to verify that standards are adhered to and tasks are correctly carried out
- Increase project efficiency with documented versions of the status at every stage, from commissioning and acceptance to ongoing maintenance
- Save time thanks to standardised documentation
- Put a stop to time-wasting searches for the latest versions of programs
- Systematically secure all data needed on-site for commissioning
- Ensure clarity, certainty and safety at commissioning
- Maintain an overview through reports and indicators
- Full documentation of program and project change history on automation projects ("who changed what, where, when and why?")
- Detailed comparisons of the differences when changes are made
- Difference analysis via SmartCompare and free compare
- Latest version easy to identify and always available
- Confirmation that the programs running on the plant are definitely the approved commissioning versions ("has anything been changed, and if so why and by whom?")
- Standard program block library management with usage list
- Reports, logs, version identifiers, notifications and KPI evaluation
- Range of standard interfaces and system add-ons
When complex systems are developed for a customer and commissioned with a particular delivery state, a data management system can make it easier to archive commissioned versions and track subsequent changes made by the customer.
This is how Graz-based Knapp AG went from being a beta tester in 2009 to a satisfied user today. The company is also planning to integrate versiondog in additional locations.
Today’s automated environments
Both networked and non-networked controllers and devices are in use. Multiple shifts have to be taken into account. There is a need to keep processes running at an optimised level. Both in-house staff and external contractors continually change, improve and troubleshoot software. Existing facilites are modified and new facilities are commissioned. All this is done using a wide variety of programming tools, and documentation is often still done manually. If data is not organised properly, it can be extremely difficult to find the right version of a control program, or to be sure about which version is running on a given device. This lack of clarity can adversely affect quality or result in downtime. And that can quickly become very costly.
versiondog brings order
DOCUMENTATION of changes according to quality management standards ISO 900x, GAMP, GMP, FDA 21 CFR 11 and VDA 6.4.
ARCHIVING of all project data with complete change history (audit trail).
AUTOMATIC BACKUP of device data according to a user-defined schedule.
AUTOMATIC COMPARISON of the control program project version with the version running on the device for equipment from multiple manufactures, including SIMATIC S5, SIMATIC S7, SIMATIC PCS 7, WinCC, WinCC flexible, InTouch, CODESYS, TwinCAT, Phoenix PC WORX, RSLogix, Schneider Modsoft, Schneider Concept, Schneider Unity, SINUMERIK 840D, Bosch IndraWorks, robot control programs from ABB and Kuka, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and many more.
DISASTER RECOVERY made much faster thanks to the ability to precisely compare versions with SmartCompare.
LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT supports projects through the design, programming and commissioning phases and in operation.
COORDINATION between in-house staff and external contractors using Supplier Check-Out and SmartImport.
You too can benefit from versiondog...
Our sales advisors will be delighted to answer all your questions about what versiondog can do for your enterprise.