versiondog - Data management for the chemical and petrochemical industry
The technological demands placed on production in the chemical and petrochemical industry are among the toughest and most complex of any. This process industry has to continually respond to changing environmental requirements, economical conditions, legal regulations, availability of raw materials and new developments. And it plays a key role in providing the basis for value creation in many other industries. That puts versiondog at the heart of the global drive to increase data management clarity, production quality and sustainability.
- Use standardised project documentation to increase consistency, quality and dependability in production at the same time as increasing sustainability
- Safeguard initial control system settings on commissioning
- Ensure clarity, certainty and safety for production facility maintenance/expansion with automated archiving of device data
- Minimise downtime or avoid it altogether through detailed detection of the differences between project versions
- Systematically troubleshoot to enable fast and precisely targeted remedial action when production disruptions do occur
- Increase safety and cyber security
- Full documentation of program and project change history for all plants ("who changed what, where, when and why?")
- Confirmation that the programs running in each plant are definitely the latest released versions ("have the processes been changed, and if so why and by whom?")
- Fast and reliable disaster recovery strategy through clear version & backup management ("which program version was running on the controller?")
- Automated backup for effective disaster recovery in the event of failure of control systems and equipment
- Two-person rule for critical changes ("who changed what, who approved it?")
- Detailed comparisons for verification that standards are adhered to and tasks are correctly carried out
Today’s automated environments
Both networked and non-networked controllers and devices are in use. Multiple shifts have to be taken into account. There is a need to keep processes running at an optimised level. Both in-house staff and external contractors continually change, improve and troubleshoot software. Existing facilites are modified and new facilities are commissioned. All this is done using a wide variety of programming tools, and documentation is often still done manually. If data is not organised properly, it can be extremely difficult to find the right version of a control program, or to be sure about which version is running on a given device. This lack of clarity can adversely affect quality or result in downtime. And that can quickly become very costly.
versiondog brings order
DOCUMENTATION of changes according to quality management standards ISO 900x, GAMP, GMP, FDA 21 CFR 11 and VDA 6.4.
ARCHIVING of all project data with complete change history (audit trail).
AUTOMATIC BACKUP of device data according to a user-defined schedule.
AUTOMATIC COMPARISON of the control program project version with the version running on the device for equipment from multiple manufactures, including SIMATIC S5, SIMATIC S7, SIMATIC PCS 7, WinCC, WinCC flexible, InTouch, CODESYS, TwinCAT, Phoenix PC WORX, RSLogix, Schneider Modsoft, Schneider Concept, Schneider Unity, SINUMERIK 840D, Bosch IndraWorks, robot control programs from ABB and Kuka, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and many more.
DISASTER RECOVERY made much faster thanks to the ability to precisely compare versions with SmartCompare.
LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT supports projects through the design, programming and commissioning phases and in operation.
COORDINATION between in-house staff and external contractors using Supplier Check-Out and SmartImport.
You too can benefit from versiondog...
Our sales advisors will be delighted to answer all your questions about what versiondog can do for your enterprise.