versiondog - Data management for the automotive industry
As global competition continues to drive market expectations ever higher, automation remains key to responding to the challenge. More automation in the press shop, in the paint shop, on the assembly line and at just about every other stage. The intensity with which the automotive industry has embraced automation is one of the strongest forces behind the current surge in automation and innovation in many other branches of the economy, and it is a major impetus behind the move toward the Industrial Internet of Things (also known in Europe as Industrie 4.0). And where there is automation, there is versiondog. In the case of the automotive industry, it is not only vehicle manufacturing that versiondog supports, and safeguards. It is also a huge network of direct and indirect suppliers in component manufacture, metalworking, the textile industry, the chemical industry and many others.
- Save time by automatically archiving equipment and plant data
- Reduce downtime thanks to clearly organised device data
- Simplify coordination with external contractors and use detail comparisons to verify that standards are adhered to and tasks are correctly carried out
- Ease the process of approving changes
- Secure modified programs and device data
- Save time thanks to standardised documentation
- Increase safety and security in production
- Increase consistency and quality in production due to the ability to precisely track changes and their release as modified control programs
- Maintain an overview through reports and indicators
- Get valuable support in the controlled management of innovation, especially with regard to paving the way for the Industrial IoT
- Automatic backup for PLCs, CNCs, HMIs, robots, inverters, drives, sensors, ...
- Automatic verification that the online version is the latest version
- Full documentation of program and project change history ("who changed what, where, when and why?")
- Fast and reliable disaster recovery strategy through clear version & backup management ("which program version was running on the controller?")
- Comparisons possible between all versions, right back to the base version (Life-Cycle Management), program block management with usage list
- Supplier Check-Out & Check-In for external contractors
- Alarm when discrepancies are found
- Reports, logs, version identifiers, notifications and KPI evaluation
- Range of standard interfaces and system add-ons
No more searching high and low for software
While a lot of companies are still looking at the map and trying to find the route to digitalisation, MANN+HUMMEL is already on the expressway and in the fast lane. The filtration market leader from Marklkofen invests a great deal of money every year in the automation of its production facilites. Within their industry, the company is seen as frontrunner of the digital revolution in Germany.
Klaus Wanninger, head of automation IT, uses factual real-world examples to show us that it is only possible to successfully move in the direction of the Internet of Things if you have a solid, well thought out strategy. Read more about the success story of this family business from Baden-Wuerttemberg in southern Germany that has become the world leader in liquid and air filtration systems for the automotive industry.>>> READ NOW
Today’s automated environments
Both networked and non-networked controllers and devices are in use. Multiple shifts have to be taken into account. There is a need to keep processes running at an optimised level. Both in-house staff and external contractors continually change, improve and troubleshoot software. Existing facilites are modified and new facilities are commissioned. All this is done using a wide variety of programming tools, and documentation is often still done manually. If data is not organised properly, it can be extremely difficult to find the right version of a control program, or to be sure about which version is running on a given device. This lack of clarity can adversely affect quality or result in downtime. And that can quickly become very costly.
versiondog brings order
DOCUMENTATION of changes according to quality management standards ISO 900x, GAMP, GMP, FDA 21 CFR 11 and VDA 6.4.
ARCHIVING of all project data with complete change history (audit trail).
AUTOMATIC BACKUP of device data according to a user-defined schedule.
AUTOMATIC COMPARISON of the control program project version with the version running on the device for equipment from multiple manufactures, including SIMATIC S5, SIMATIC S7, SIMATIC PCS 7, WinCC, WinCC flexible, InTouch, CODESYS, TwinCAT, Phoenix PC WORX, RSLogix, Schneider Modsoft, Schneider Concept, Schneider Unity, SINUMERIK 840D, Bosch IndraWorks, robot control programs from ABB and Kuka, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe PDF and many more.
DISASTER RECOVERY made much faster thanks to the ability to precisely compare versions with SmartCompare.
LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT supports projects through the design, programming and commissioning phases and in operation.
COORDINATION between in-house staff and external contractors using Supplier Check-Out and SmartImport.
You too can benefit from versiondog...
Our sales advisors will be delighted to answer all your questions about what versiondog can do for your enterprise.